Sunday, May 17, 2009

Somewhere Over The Rainbow!

Monday marks the anniversary of my Aunt Em's passing. She was one of my favorite Aunts. When I was little girl Aunt Em was my babysitter, we used to all sorts of things. One of the things we used to do was watch re-runs of " I Love Lucy" and "The Golden Girls. Her laugh used to fill the room, she was always in the mood for a good joke or a prank, which I used to play on her often.

One of Aunt Em's favorite things to do was watch old movies, and our favorite movie to watch together was "The Wizard of Oz". Which is how she became known to me as Aunt Em(everyone esle called her Aunt Sissy). I used to call her house Kansas, and her poodle was Toto. I remember standing in her backyard saying"Auntie Em, Auntie Em a twister"!

She was such a warm person, who would always end every phone conversation with "Don't forget to give my little doll babies a kiss". Aunt Em is very missed, but we know that she is "somewhere over the rainbow" sharing her wit, kindness, and a game of cards with everyone she meets!
Photobucket

No comments: