Thursday, September 10, 2009

Do You Remember Where You Were.......9/11/2001?

It's so hard to believe that the Twin Towers went down 8 years ago. I will always remember what I was doing that day 8 years ago. My mom was at work and asked me to bring her lunch that day, and I was getting ready to leave, she called to tell me I couldn't get into the unit she was on because the VA was on lock down, just as she said that, I saw what was going on on the television, and I looked over at my brother and said "is this a movie, or is this for real?"


That whole day felt like we were living in a different time period. It felt like a dream, and that any minute I would wake up from. My thoughts went back 60 years to how those poor men and women who were attacked during Pearl Harbor. I couldn't help but think how could this be happening it's 2001?


Life seemed to go on after that fateful day as Americans each of our lives was changed in some way. One thing is certain, as the anniversary of this tragic day comes and goes each year, we will always remember where were and what we were doing on September 11, 2001.

No comments: