Thursday, September 4, 2008

Is The Week Over Yet?

This has been the week from h-e double hockey sticks....for a lack of something better to say. The weekend started off great, we went to Milky Way Farm and had ice cream, and on Sunday we went to our new church.....by Monday when Emma puked all over Bob Evans that was the clue it was all down hill from there!

Emma had given no obvious signs that she was not feeling well, she was her usual perky, stubborn self (if you know Emma you know that this description is pretty accurate.)-Emma is a "Miller" for sure! We decided to go and have breakfast at Bob Evans...with all the geriatrics I might add, for some reason my family seems to be drawn where the over 50 crowd seems to hang out, and I don't know why. When the waiter brought our food Emma was the first to dig in (this should have been my first clue something was up, because she hardly eats). She ate everything, and then all of a sudden it all poured back out again! Poor Emma, just cried, and said " I spilled out my belly". My heart went to her, and Teddy just kept eating, how that boy could keep eating was beyond me. We got out check, and went home.

To make a long story short...We have been to the Dr's 3 times this week, needless to say we our now his favorite patients because I am sure 90% of his salary this week came from us! Tests beyond test, beyond test was done....My butt print is now a famous fixture in the waiting room at Chester County hospital. Needless to say Emma a bladder infection.....How my kids get these is beyond me...but they do. To make matters even better, Emma had a reaction to the antibiotic they gave her, which landed her for an overnight in the hospital, where they had to put an IV in to hydrate here, and give her something else for her infection.....We had lots of fun....NOT! The poor kid was frightened, which at 2 years old is very understandable. Thankfully she only had to stay one night, and was discharged this morning.......I honestly don't know how people do it......I know I wanted to cry along with Emma everytime she had something done to her. In the end everything turned out okay, and Em is fine now. It has just been a stressful week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I understand how you feel with the whole hospital thing. I hope this week is much better for you and the family. we had fun at DW but you were missed. We should get together.