Sunday, January 11, 2009

Recovery!

This week has been a very crazy..to say the least. Monday is a blur, basically because that was the only calm day this week. On Tuesday, we hosted playgroup, and a Tastefully Simple party (on the same day, and I am the newest consultant). Wednesday monring at 7:15 am Dan took me to Paoli hospital for my surgery. I had a total hysterectomy. While I should be jumping up and down, because my monthly BFF will no longer be visiting, and screwing things up, I'm not. Basically because, it hurts, and I don't quite feel like jumping! Thursday, was spent ringing a call bell, every hour because, I had to pee! It is so much fun trying to pee after a cathetar is taken out of your body! WOO HOO! Did I mention how loopy I was from the morphine? Friday, the loopiness, and the frequent urgency subsided, and the doctor discharged me! YAY!
Today was pretty much spent relaxing just enjoying being home! My expectation of how I would feel, and how the doctors said I would feel is really different. I feel okay, just a little tired, and soar. With some time it should get better, and everything else was just a little bump in the road, that one day, we can all laugh at!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hoping you're feeling better soon!

Kelly said...

You have a great outlook Lesley! Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Shannon said...

Thinking of you lesley and hoping each day is getting better and better for you. And, I hope the trip to the dr. for the paper towel went ok. It's always something isn't it :-)?