Friday, August 22, 2008

A Messy Memory.......

My mother-in-law has been here since Wednesday to give me a hand with the kids, and I can honestly say I don't know what I would have done without her! She has been cooking dinner, and getting the kids ready for the day! She really been a god send to have around! That being said tonight we decided to order out for dinner. Dan went and got sandwiches, and that is what we had. Emma and Teddy were in rare "toddler" form tonight. The kids had apple slices with their sandwiches, and Emma took one put it in her, and spit it across the table at Teddy! I was in shock, and as I was scolding her for that, Teddy picked it back up, and tossed acrossed the table her. Then I heard laughter from the otherside of the table....The "Big" kid they called dad was laughing hysterically at what just happened! My mother-in-law just kind of sat with her jaw dropping 90 ft. to the floor! It felt like a scene from "Animal House", and I wanted to yell "Toga, toga. toga" so bad. But all the while Emma, Teddy, and Dan were all laughing hysterically. Eventually I had to laugh too, after all they are only "toddlers" once, and these are the little memories that stick with you in time.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

It's awesome that you could take a step back and see the beauty of the moment. Sometimes I get stuck in the "you're making a mess!", but the sound of the whole family laughing and enjoying the moment is always wonderful!