Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!







This was the best Christmas todat! It was our first Christmas in our new home, and the kids seemed to be really excited about Santa this year.






Yesterday started off very icy, however we were still able to make it out to the grocery store for some last minute food items that we needed for Christmas dinner. All day Emma was very excited about Santa coming, and Teddy fed off her excitement, which was totally awesome! After the grocery store the kids and I went for our annual Christmas eve lunch, which we do every year. All during lunch Emma was still a buzz about Santa! When we got home, Emma had received her very own personal video mail from Santa! It really seemed to make the day magical for her. After dinner, the kids and I listened to Christmas music, and baked some cookies for Santa to have as a little snack when stopped by for his visit. The kids were so excited at bedtime that it was hard to get them to bed, after a phone call from Grammy saying she spotted Rudolph's shiny red nose flying over her house, the kids went to bed.









I have to say I was packed full of excitement this morning waiting for Emma and Teddy to wake up! Every hour of last night was spent waking up and looking at a clock! Finally at 5:30 I heard a stir in one of the bedrooms....YAY! Emma was up and Ted would be sure to follow in a few minutes ! When Ted got up about a second after Emma he was the first one to practically knock everyone over, and run down stairs! He was like a little Lightning McQueen running over to the Christmas tree, clapping his hands! Emma was so excited she couldn't speak, then finally she said " He came, He really came!" The magic of that whole morning will forever be engraved in my memory. After our dinner was in our bellies, and our guests had gone home, Emma was playing around her backpack. She pulled out a little package, and brought over to where I was sitting, and said here Mommy, I made you a present. She does little things like this all time, so I thought I would just play along. Much to my surprise when I opened up the package, there really was something inside this time. Emma made the cutest little Santa handprint ornament, and another one with her school picture on it! A tear came to my eye, when she said " Merry Quismas Mommy, I wuv you !" Needless to say she got the biggest bear hug any Mom could give, and I have to say I got the most important gift anyone could get this Christmas.....My wonderful husband and cildren, whom I adore to the ends of the earth!

1 comment:

DembroskyFamily said...

Christmas is so much fun again!