Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Dentist......

Emma had a dentist appointment today with Dr. Jeff....The very first time we were meeting him. My kids were HORRIBLE! I mean so bad like the kids from the movie Problem Child.
First, the hygenist asked Emma to get in the chair....she screamed at the top of her lungs "NO!" She was not having it, and instead Teddy decides he is going to get up in the chair, well then Emma was just really ticked at this point and she proceeds to push her brother out of the chair. Much to my horror the hygentist is watching with her jaw dropping 90 yards to the floor! I persuade Emma to share the chair with her brother until the dentist comes in, and she reluctantly agreed.

Finally, Dr. Jeff comes into the room, and asks Emma if he can look at her teeth. She then tells him no and covers her mouth with both hands! When I try to talk to her she just keeps shaking her head no. We finally get her to let him look at her teeth with me holding her on my lap.

Here comes the best part, I hope you all are sitting down because you are going to pass out! She has FOUR, yes that is right FOUR cavities! Now we because of how she has acted up until now we are trying to determine what to do......SO we take an x-ray...... They have to be filled 2 at time. I am floored.

Now I am worried as how she will react the next time......Stay tuned for more Dentist Drama to be Continued in August....When Emma gets her first two cavities filled.....This may not be suitiblel for children under the age of 13!

No comments: