Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Dutch Wonderland






Yesterday we took the kids to Dutch Wonderland..in the heat and humidity...YUCK to the heat!
Emma was so excited...she couldn't wait, and I was excited because it was Teddy's first time, he could actually ride the rides this year, YAY! When we get there, the first thing we decide to put the kids on is the carousel, thinking it might be an okay ride to start the day with, and to ease them into things. Teddy gets on the horse, he is so excited, he is smiling his usual smile, and then the ride starts, and my kid literally jumps off the stinking horse! I am saying it is okay Teddy it is just a ride, and ease him back onto the horse, as I am stumbling backwards! Finally, the ride stops, what a relief! This sets the course for our day with Theodore! Then Dan says lets get on the log flume! We get on the log flume, no problem, Teddy is loving riding in the little boat, we go up the first hill, not a problem, loves it. He is fascinated with the water, and is having a great time thus far. But then...yes there is a but then....We get stopped going down the big hill mid plunge! That was it, Teddy wanted out of that thing. He cried hysterically! All I could do was laugh, and Dan is looking back at me and saying " You do realize that you're cracking up, and your kid really scared don't you?" Call me a bad mother, but the whole scenario cracked me up! Emma is laughing hysterically, and saying what great fun this ride was and Teddy and totally is totally freaking out!


The highlight of the day was when both kids got to drive the car on the Turnpike! Teddy was in absolute glory! He didn't want to get off! By the end of the day Teddy was warming up to the rides, and we even managed to get him on the kidde Whip! He had so much fun! Both kids really enjoyed themselves! Emma was my little rebel! She LOVED every ride that she got on! Even the log flume when got stopped, was pretty cool to her!


This will definetly be my favorite summer memory!




1 comment:

Sarah said...

You know how I feel about Dutch Wonderland...