Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Tomorrow is Another Day...Right?!?!


There must be a target on my body with a BIG red bulls eye in the middle of it that says okay crap on me today. As of last week Teddy has been sleeping in a toddler bed, and has done very well, not once has he tried to let himself out of his bedroom. Well, you had to guess my luck of with that was going to change! Today Teddy let himself out of his bedroom, and began to get into trouble, while slept. I had taken some medicine last night for my cold, so I didn't hear him get up! Teddy preceded to break my glasses, yep that is right, he snapped the one of the arms right of them! When Emma came into my room this morning to tell me she was ready for breakfast like she always does, and my glasses were not on my nightstand like they always are I'll guess you could say it was like a crap your pants kind of morning, especially since I am about as blind as a bat without them, you know like seeing eye dog bad! I start to hear laughter coming from the hallway, and I peek (more like a squinting kind of peek). And begin to feel my way down the hallway (yeah, this was hilarious to the kids who thought Mommy was playing a game.) Teddy had snapped one of the arms off of my glasses, I tape it, no big deal, I decide that I will take them to be fixed this morning on our way to the playground for Emma's play date. It comes as no surprise to me when I am told they have to order a new arm for my glasses, it could have been worse. Well, it gets worse! As I am putting Teddy in his car seat, he grabs for my glasses and snaps the other arm off them! Now, I am feeling raindrops falling on my head! I want to cry, maybe a nervous breakdown, something! Now, both arms of my glasses are taped together, can you say Revenge of the Nerds? Because that is what I look like.In the meantime we are running late to go to the playground, so I am driving down the road with one hand on the wheel, and you guessed it, the other hand was holding my glasses to my face! Feeling like smashed dog do-do ( for lack of a better phrase) we make it to the park, in one piece I may add, Rock on ! I figure my day can't get any worse, yeah right! I eventually find out that they can't get the pieces for my glass, and that I have to buy a new pair. Wonderful! Oh yeah, and did I mention the my 2 year old and her friend were kissing on the sliding board today! Let's just say that after the day that has been thrusted upon me today, that I am so looking forward to tomorrow! I am going to quote Gone with the Wind here when I say "After all tomorrow is another day!"

1 comment:

DembroskyFamily said...

Kaitlyn has broken my glasses. I still use them at night after my contacts have come out.