Monday, March 8, 2010

To Jammy Party, or Not To Jammy Party?

Em came to me this past weekend and said she wanted to have a "real" pajama party. In September she had a pajama party, and her friends came in their jammies, played games, and watched a movie, and went home at 7pm. Now she wants a party where her friends actually come and stay. The first thought that comes to mind is "OY VEY". Is she that big already? Where did that little baby go?



There many mixed emotions about this. On one hand I say go for it, what could it hurt. and then I think about all those girls running around my house, and the ghosts of pajama parties past comes for a visit! YIKES!



Today, she went and bought her invitations....Guess we have to give in, and let her grow up some. What could happen (said with much sarcasm)? It's not like four and five year olds are going to put each others underware in the freezer right (coming someone who has experienced this)?



So guess I am going for the gusto, and letting this happen. May God have mercy on my soul......and my head, and my ears, and please, please, please, could you go easy on my sanity?

No comments: